Disclaimer & Reason

Disclaimer: To be completely honest, I have no idea what I am doing. I've never "blogged" before. I haven't even kept a diary for more than a week. So we'll see how well this goes.

Lately, I've felt called to write. This year I have re-explored my faith and my relationship with God. My thoughts, questions, and conversations with God (and about the church) tend to be abstract and rather indecisive. I thought it would be helpful to have somewhere to write them down.
This blog is merely thoughts. I am not claiming to be an aspiring writer or some evangelist who feels called to share her story. Be Still and Know will be my way to physically see my thoughts laid out. My beliefs, my opinions, my questions - out. In no way, do I believe what I have to write down is always intelligent, correct, or even sensible. The purpose of this blog isn't to change other's beliefs or answer their questions. But instead it's purpose is to answer my own questions. Establish my own beliefs.

I titled the blog Be Still and Know for multiple reasons.
The first being that the verse from Psalm 46: "Be still and know that I am God" has been my life verse. This verse daily feeds my weaknesses and quiets my fears.
Secondly, I think the word know is prominent, when you consider today's culture. In my generation, your relationship with Christ is all made up of emotion and how Christ makes you feel better. As much as my relationship with Christ does trigger emotions and has made me "feel good," life gets hard. The dangerous aspect of thriving on only the "emotional" part of your relationship with Christ is the probability of feeling guilty when you don't feel like praising Jesus. There have been times, during my short time here on earth, that I have experienced those days, weeks, months when I don't feel like getting intimate with God. As awful as that is, it's the brutal truth. HOWEVER. During those low points in my life, I still attained the knowledge that I would get through because my Lord, is a god who continues holding my hand even when I want to run away. My Lord is a father who unconditionally loves His children, whether they want to be loved or not. My Lord is mine. And I am His.
Lastly, the words be still have been the two most powerful words of my life thus far. As a typical American, I get easily caught up in scheduling to the last minute how my next month will go. It's ridiculously easy to become overwhelmed in time, thoughts, conflict, worry, fears, the unknown. These two words: Be Still are direct and clear.
There is a great power and presence when one is still and knows.

Comments

Popular Posts