A Heart That Reaches Out


It's funny how one bible story can reach so many different people in different ways. This Christmas season, the concept of God's promise was placed on my heart.
Our God is one of grace to make promises with us.
I make promises with people I have a solid relationship with. I don't make (or keep) promises with random strangers. Normally, I give promises to someone who I care for, I love, I trust. 
Our God is a relational god. He is constantly reaching out to us with love and grace. 
"For you created my inmost being; you me knit together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13
The God who created us, created us with love and with great intention to know us. Praise God!
Immediately after sin entered the world, God reached out and made the promise to send His son to be the ultimate sacrifice. Years and years (and years) later, God fulfilled that promise. Reaching out to His people with the plan of redemption.
We deserve nothing. We are born into sin and continually live in it. Christmas is an incredible reminder of how gracious our Father is. He loves to love us. He has built a relationship with us, so that we may know him. He sent his one and only son to fulfill a promise. A promise that would redeem a broken world.
No matter where you are in life, or what you have done. God has been and will continue to reach out with love and redemption. There are no standards or exceptions of God's love. His promise of redemption knows no boundaries or circumstance. Praise God that we have a Father who has no problem reaching out. 
What better way to live out the gospel than by reaching out to the undeserved, unwilling, ungrateful, just as our Father has done with us. How amazing would the church of Christ be if we continually reached out to our world. If we showed the same gracious love that has been shown to us from our heavenly Father. 
My Christmas prayer this year is to open my eyes for opportunities to reach out.
Thank you Lord, for fulfilling your promise to redeem a sinful people. Thank you for reaching out to redeem my heart. Thank you for being a God of grace, love, fulfilled promises, and a heart that reaches out.

Comments

Popular Posts