The Heart of Our God

To be completely honest, I have been dreading to write this post on my time in Hong Kong. I know no matter how beautifully written, my words will never be able to accurately capture my time in Hong Kong - but that doesn't mean I can't try!

The night before the trip, my dad asked me what I was looking forward to. My answer was, "To serve." I never had the intention of visiting Hong Kong before, so I wasn't really looking forward to visiting the country and VBS has never been something I've ever looked forward to. I saw this trip as an opportunity to serve God and His church. By the end of the week, I couldn't have fallen anymore in love with Hong Kong, the people, and the kids I taught in VBS. 

There are many things I took away from this trip, but the one I kept thinking and reflecting on was the heart of our God.

The very first day of VBS, I met Chris. Chris's first words to me were, "I don't like to read Bible." My reaction was a smile and a nod. I didn't know what to say. I mean he's a 1st grader - 1st graders can say some random things. I felt defeated. VBS hadn't even started yet, and I already had a kid tell me he didn't like to read the Bible. A few minutes later, we started singing songs. As we sang "Jesus Loves Me," I saw Chris sing the words "Jesus loves me, this I know." Jesus' love is stronger than our stubborn hearts and always seeking. It's important to know that whether the world believes in God's redeeming love or not, they are still loved. No amount of doubt or unbelief can rid the love of God. God's love is never ending, always seeking, and unconditional. In my darkest days, His love still remains. How beautiful is the heart of our God to love His creation so deeply and continually. How beautiful is the heart of God to seek His children.  

"Jesus Loves Me." has always been a dear song to my heart. A couple years ago, my grandfather passed away. My cousin and uncle sang this song at his funeral - I think it was a request of his. I have always greatly respected my grandfather. His faithful walk with God exemplified how to keep God at the center of your living. When I sang, "Jesus Loves Me" throughout the week with my class of 1st graders - I couldn't help but think of my grandfather. 
  1. Jesus loves me! He who died
    Heaven’s gate to open wide;
    He will wash away my sin,
    Let His little child come in.
  2. So far on every mission trip I've been on, I've always thought about heaven. Jesus died for my grandpa, for me, for my 1st graders, and the rest of the world. Along with the beauty of God's seeking and continuous love for his child - it's incredible to understand that Christ died for all of us. As one body of sinners, Christ redeemed us all. We are all loved and saved through His blood. Through Christ's love, we are made a family. How beautiful is the heart of God to love an entire universe. How beautiful is the heart of God to create a family within believers.

God's heart is certainly perfect. We are loved perfectly by a perfect God. Praise Jesus!
In His beautiful heart, I rest my burdens, my prayers, and my trust. In His beautiful heart, I surrender all.

Comments

Popular Posts