Christ's Home

"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." 

Ephesians 2:19-22

With the recent and tragic current events that have displayed hostility and barriers in our society, the body of Christ has been running in my mind and presented in my prayers. The illustration of the body of Christ is such a beautiful thing to imagine and uphold for the Church and her disciples - complete unity and encouragement with those who recognize their salvation through Jesus. The body of Christ goes past age, gender, political affiliation, social classes, or language. The blood of our resurrected Lord unifies and solidifies His body. We are one because of Him.

I see the body of Christ in my weekly bible study of 8-10 college students. I see the body of Christ in my congregation. I see the body of Christ in friendships that encourage my faith. But more recently, I have seen the body of Christ in Central Lutheran School.

I went to Central Lutheran School from kindergarten to 8th grade. I graduated with 24 kids. 10 of those 24 students grew up with me since kindergarten. A few of the teachers from the school were also members of my church. During the school year, Saturday was the only day of the week I wouldn't be surrounded by the people of CLS. I grew up under the Godly guidance of multiple teachers who were there to serve the body of Christ. It's been 7 years since I was a student at CLS, but I can confidently say that my faith was positively and greatly influenced by the teachers of CLS, along with my peers. I still have friends from CLS that I continue to confide in and laugh with. It's a rare and beautiful gift to have a 15 year old friendship as a 21 year old. The body of Christ is a permanent community. It's not a community of tourists who are there to experience good stories and move on when it's no longer exciting or new. The body of Christ is made of people who are there in the good, the bad, and the ugly. He calls us to be one in Him - through it all.

Recently CLS had an event that encouraged families to bring food and wear clothing that embraced their culture. They had everything from kraut and potato pancakes to thai noodles to all the great meat and vegetable dishes from Ethiopia and Eritrea. Not only does CLS offer long lasting and encouraging relationships between students and their peers and teachers - but it also offers a student population that includes multiple cultural backgrounds. CLS offers a promising image of the body of Christ through their diverse community. Central Lutheran School offers an inviting and safe place for families that are looking for a home. Many of the students that attend CLS are first generation Americans. CLS offers a missional, Christ loving environment where families are welcome to find their home in the community of CLS, but more importantly in Jesus. That is the body of Christ - finding your home in Him and in the fellowship of His children. I believe CLS has been a home, and will continue to be a permanent, consistent home for the people of Christ.

May His righteousness and mercy transform a body of believers into a home for the lost and wandering.

Please generously donate to support Central Lutheran School and the body of Christ. Donate now!

Comments

  1. Agree entirely. The Church is a reality and an ideal, something seen only by faith. Glad you have eyes to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts