To Silence a Sinner

My worries are moronic. They root from fleeting and earthly desires revolved around myself. They do not matter when it comes to God's "bigger picture."

I have a tendency of attempting to silence my worries and burdens once I compare them to the will of God. I know my burdens do not compare to the glory that awaits. This is true.

But in my weak attempt to silence my own worries and burdens, I don't allow God to silence them for me. I cannot quiet my fears and burden. Only God can. How can He silence them if I don't give my burdens a voice?

The most powerful prayers I've experienced have been during times of deep heartache and anger. During those times, I have nothing to do but give my burdens a voice. And when I do, He hears them.

No matter how I live my life, God knows all. Rather I tell Him my burden or not, He knows.

However, when I am able to give my earthly, fleeting, and petty burdens a voice - I am practicing a faith that proclaims: my Creator cares. The Creator cares about my worry of not getting into graduate school. The Creator cares for my dream of motherhood and marriage. The Creator cares for my burden of loneliness. The Creator cares for my fear of adulthood.

Once I compare my burdens of graduate school, creating a life with someone, loneliness, and adulthood to God's plan of complete redemption I come to the reasonable question: Why should He care?

And here's the answer: He shouldn't.

But He does - because our God is love.

Our God, the creator of all living and all good, loves the sinner. Our God seeks the sinner. Our God saves the sinner. Our God invites the sinner to rest and abide in Him.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” -Matthew 11:28-30

My creator places value on my heart. My burdens do matter. 

Praise the One who hears the cries and burdens of sinners. Praise the One who cares. Praise the One who offers rest. 

Comments

Popular Posts