A Child at Heart, Resting In His.

Growing up is hard. Particularly when you're Natalie. I've always had a hard time dealing with the idea of constantly growing farther and farther from childhood, only to gain distance towards the dullness and routine of adulthood. 

A month prior to starting my first semester of graduate school, I found myself crying to my dad in a food court. I was absolutely petrified of growing up. There's so much commitment in leaving one life stage and going to the next. Your life will never be the same. In my mind, the mystery and imagination of life only grows dimmer as you age into life's future stages. 

"For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love." 
1 Corinthians 13:9-13

With Christ, the future always shines brighter than the past. I am NOT saying, life becomes easier or trial-free with Christ in your heart. As Christians, we are called to a faith which can lead to persecution and hardship. But with Christ, we are assured of the blessed promise of heaven. We are given a place in eternity with our Savior and the Creator of all. 

Until the day I see my Savior's face, my life will be full of mystery and the child-like joy of living in the unknown. I will forever be a child of God - attempting to surrender my future and "unknowns" to Him. Living in the freedom of being "fully known" while "I only know in part." 

Comments

  1. nicely said. so you are growing up and becoming a boring adult, but in Christ always a child and the wonder of life never ceases. I love that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts