Week 6: Yet not my will, but Yours be done.

Wednesday
Lord, I am anxious. I am leaving the campsite to venture into the dark woods. I continue to yearn and desire the comfort of previous times. I am fearful that comfort and love is not apart of my future. I am fearful that I will be lost in this loss. I am fearful I won't find my way. I am fearful that my faith in Your will, this past year, was wrong or misplaced. I am fearful of my misguided past and the unknown of the future. But Lord, You call us out of the darkness and into the light. You call us out of our fear and into Your love. As I leave my campsite and venture into the dark woods - be with me. Patiently push me deeper into the unknown, calling me to trust you every step of the way. Drive away my fear. May I trust and feel Your protection.

Thursday
Lord, be with the people I love. They are hurting. In the last few weeks, my friends have experienced unimaginable pain and loss. May my presence be a vessel of Your love and comfort. Guide them to You in their season of grief. You are mighty to save. When life brings chronic pain, miscarriages, pediatric cancer, depression and anxiety, the death of a parent - You are still Lord. I pray that Your presence overrules and dominates the unexpected pain life can bring. Comfort my friends Lord. Supply Your peace to their pain.


Friday
"The will of the Lord is not for the sake our understanding but for our ultimate good." Thank You for Laura's friendship and profound faith. Keep these words on my heart.

Saturday
Thank You for providing friendships that are not determined by distance. Thank You for giving me a day of activity and beauty. Open my eyes to see You in my everyday living. Force joy when I am stubborn. Provide peace when I am restless. Give me faith when I am despaired. Answer me.

Sunday
Lord, clear the fog of confusion and stubbornness surrounding me. You have called me to this place. You, in Your good and perfect timing, will bring me out. May I bare this burden in full faith that one day You will relieve me of it. As the days seem long, and progress slow, supply me with faith in the future You have in mind for me. Continue to guide me. Mold my heart to follow with full faith and complete joy. Fulfill this prayer.

Monday
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. Be with me in this waiting. Change and strengthen my waiting heart. Provide patience and gratitude. Thank You for friends who encourage my faith. Thank You for family who keep me anchored to You.

Tuesday
"In time of trouble, say, 'First, He brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest.' Next, 'He will keep me here in his love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child.' Then say, 'He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.' And last, say, 'In His good time He can bring me out again. How and when, He knows.' Therefore, say, 'I am here (1) by God's appointment, (2) in His keeping, (3) under His training, (4) for His time." -Andrew Murray

Comments

Popular Posts