Week 5: Short & Sweet

This week I focused on 3-4 words throughout the day. I kept my prayers short and sweet - surrendering confusion and pain to the One who hears me. No matter the length or content - I hope to pray boldly. Hear my prayer, O Lord. Answer me.

Wednesday
Carry me through. My heart is weary. It is exhausted and beaten down. When I am unable to move, carry me through the pain. Carry me to hope and joy. Carry me.
• • •
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psalm 40:2
• • •
Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.
Isaiah 46:3-4

Thursday
Direct my thoughts. I am unable to reason my pain away. It is not in my place or capabilities to supply peace to my confusion. No matter my planning or strategies, the future is Yours. It is not mine to manipulate. Direct me to Your will. Direct me to Your heart. May my thoughts reflect Your spirit.
• • •
I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps. Correct me, O Lord, but in justice
Jeremiah 10:23
• • •
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

Friday
Trust in His goodness. Allow me to choose to live in complete trust. Push me to choose a life under Your care and provision. Every morning, push me to choose joy - even when I do not feel it. Every night, push me to trust in Your will - even when I do not see it.
• • •
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
• • •
A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. 
John 16: 21-22, 24


Saturday

Protect me. Lord, protect me from thoughts of control, fear, and anxiety. Through the daily waves of confusion and fear, place me on the Rock of refuge. When Satan attacks me with hypotheticals, fears, and insecurities - protect me. During times of sorrow, hearts are vulnerable to change. May my heart change for You. During this time of vulnerability, protect me from leaning on my own understanding and false sense of control. I surrender this opportunity to grow closer to You.
• • •
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalms 18:2
• • •
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came over me; I was overcome by distress and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: "Lord, save me!" The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me. Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
Psalms 116:1-7

Sunday

Be still. Lord, You are fighting for me. When I am overwhelmed - keep me still. When I move towards my will - keep me still in Yours. It is not my job to fight. I cannot depend on my own strength. All I can do is be wrapped tight into Your love and protection. May I stop wrestling with Your will, but rather rest in it. Amen.
• • •
My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
Psalm 25:15
• • •
The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14

Monday

Thy will be done. Keep me on Your path. Keep me living in the present - day to day. Keep me living for the people who surround me. Keep my eyes fixed on You. Keep my heart seeking Yours. Mold my life as a living sacrifice for You. Comfort my heart. Remind me every day that Your will is perfect. 
• • •
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
Hebrew 10:36
• • •
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its purpose.
Proverbs 3:4

Tuesday
Fix my eyes. Fix my eyes on You - seeing all that is good. Implement thankfulness in my heart for the blessings of my everyday living. Keep my eyes fixed on the day ahead of me - blind me to the past and the future. May my eyes seek You in the here and now.
• • •
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18
• • •
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Comments

Popular Posts