Full of Grace and Truth

Tragedy strikes.
In the last 5 years I have seen loved ones lose people in their life at a tragically young age. I know my heart cannot understand the confusion and grief they live with. Their world has been forever changed. Their faith has been forever changed. But their God remains the same - full of grace and truth.

As a friend, I am forced to sit in their grief. I cannot offer silver linings or greater meanings to the tragedy. I am as much in the dark as they are. I cannot find reason behind the tragedy. I do not know the magical words to rest their confused hearts. We sit together, both blind to tragedy's purpose, in the fullness of His grace of truth.

Full of  G R A C E.
God's grace will see them through. His grace will see them through the sleepless nights into a new morning. His grace will offer patience to their pain. His grace will open their eyes to His blessings once again. Our God, full of grace, sits with the broken-hearted. He expects nothing from His broken-hearted but to fully lean and trust in His saving grace. The same grace that claims their loved ones into God's everlasting presence, is the same grace that is offered to the grieving.

Full of  T R U T H.
Tragedy produces grief. Grief produces painful confusion. In the midst of grief, the majority of energy is consumed with questions. Here's the first part of God's truth: on this side of heaven, the world is broken. Pain exists. The pain they feel is recognized and felt by God. And here's the second part: our God is with us. He is with them in their grief. He was with their loved ones when tragedy stroke. He is with them now. Our God relentlessly seeks the heart of His created. He sacrificed His son, Immanuel (which means God with us), for the hearts of His children. Our God, full of truth, seeks His children amidst their pain, by the purposed pain and sacrifice of His son.

As I sit with my sister tonight, I am thankful to serve a God of full grace and truth. I praise God for the life and love of the ones we remember. I praise God for seeking the hearts of His children. I praise God for surrounding His children, on earth and in heaven, with His fullness of grace and truth.

Dear Lord,
Be with those who hurt. May their tragedy point to the cross - where death died. Give grace to the weak and doubting. Provide truth to the confused and hurting. May Your grace and truth give the last word in this tragedy. Thank You for shining through Zach - Your light was evident in the brief moments I shared with him and in his friendship with my sister. He blessed many. And as any blessing, He belongs to You. Amen.

Comments

  1. Natalie, you have not posted anything for four months. I miss your writing.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts