Fire Around and Glory Within

"And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be its glory within." Zechariah 2:5

Lately, I have found myself homeless. In the last 10 years, I have lived in 4 different places. I do not long for a place nor find a rooted identify in one place. Instead, I have found my home and sense of stability in people. 

I find a home in my parents. In their counsel, comfort, encouragement, "jokes," and conversations. I find a home in my sisters. In their love, compassion, advice, complete understanding, and transparency. I find a home in my friends. In our memories, their attributes, and joy. I find a home in my boyfriend. In his unconditional support, compatibility, and kindness. 

As life changes, so can the stability of our homes change. However, no matter the stability of a home, the Lord protects and prevails. No matter the size or detriment of the battle you face, the Lord is "a wall of fire around it." The Lord ferociously protects and boldly claims you as His created and beloved. Be still in your hardship because you are surrounded by the protective and saving fire of God. 

In your stillness, God will bring glory and purpose to your hardship. Not only will He protect and care for you amidst your pain, but He will take your earthly pain and transform it into something heavenly. In triumphs and defeats, the Lord veils our living with the redemptive power of Jesus. The greatest gift in the midst of suffering, is to persevere through it with the comfort and hope of God's "glory within."


As I write this, I am being reminded there is no greater home or sense of belonging and stability than the protective fires and redemptive glory of Christ. No matter where I lay my head to rest or who I enjoy life's blessings with - His fire will continue to protect and His glory will continue to redeem. 





Comments

  1. Dang. 4 places in 10 years. People are your home. Yeah, that definitely you. Nicely written, as always. Cool verse and picture pairing too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts