Constant Failure; Everlasting Grace

Tuttle Dam was always my place of retreat throughout my undergrad and graduate years. Tonight I found myself there again, retreating from the unknown and anxious excitement of a new job. What a beautiful reminder of God’s presence in our walk of faith. 

God’s presence will not transform my failures into earthly triumphs. Rather, He will use my failures for heavenly supremacy. My earthly struggle reveals His plan and overpowering grace. I rest assured in His everlasting presence because I know every time I fail - He will use it for His purpose. What a beautiful gift He has given us! Through victories and downfalls - He will be there to see it through to holy completion. 

“...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.“ -Philippians 1:6

Although I continue to grow and change, two things remain constant - I am a sinner and He is my Savior. He saves me from my delusion of control and worrying. He continues to transform my shortcomings into a vessel of His love through His grace. May His grace continue to mature my faith, so I may depend on His plan and power to redeem. 

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” -2 Corinthians 12:9



Comments

  1. Phil 1:6 is one of my favorite verses ..it came as pure Gospel to me when I was in teen angst. God is always at work ..from glory to glory with an ever increasing glory (I think from 2 cor)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts