Idolizing Change

"Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me." -Saint Patrick

The last few months have brought an immense amount of change and "ending" to my life. My parents have moved to a new life in Wisconsin, my school career has ended, my friends have moved away, my earthly days with Grandma found it's end. 

A lot of endings. 

I have always approached change with an anxious and stubborn heart. God has given me opportunities in life to learn about His plan and provision throughout life changes. Yet, I still restlessly wiggle (more like violently wrestle) with change. 

I look as the endings morph into beginnings with fear of their outcome. I carry the future with every part of my being - spiritual, emotional, and physical. I sleep restlessly through the nights. I begin to isolate myself from loved ones. And I prioritize my plan and judgement before Christ's care and grace. It isn't the change that brings pain to my life. Rather, it is creating a god out of that change that brings pain and suffering to my daily living. I give more energy towards what's changing instead of WHO is orchestrating and leading the change. 

God orchestrates and carries me through every season and battlefield life can offer. 

Christ is with me - waiting for my anxious heart to rest in His.
Christ is behind me - claiming the past as redemptive and forgiven.
Christ is before me - protecting me from the trials and preparing me for the victories.
Christ is to comfort and restore me - as He faithfully calls me His Beloved.
Christ is beneath me - guiding my feet to walk swiftly and confidently in His will.
Christ is above me - preparing my home for the day I see His face.
Christ is in the quiet - holding my heart.
Christ is in the danger - holding my heart.

Lord,
Thank You being the Orchestrator of change and eternal peace. May I follow change with confidence and joy as Your child. When my heart idolizes change, fix my heart on Your provision and presence. Amen.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts